Hello potential team members!
My name is Brandon Howell, and I am the owner and operator of Nick Filet in Wayne, PA. I thought I would change up the typical job summary section of a career page and speak directly to you. Of course we’re looking for team members that can help our customers, but we want to help you as well.
I like to think of this job as an opportunity to learn both job-specific skills as well as soft skills that will assist you in any future career. Soft skills, such as communication, teamwork, and problem-solving, are the skills that help you grow as a person, not just as an employee.
Team Member Job Description:
We are a fast casual concept in Wayne, PA that specializes in fast, high-quality filet mignon meals. An NF Team Member is someone with the ability to provide a positive attitude and excitement towards our guests while taking orders and serving food.
We know this job might not be what everyone envisions themselves doing for the rest of their life, but we want to help develop the skills that will translate beyond this job into any career. Having a growth mindset will allow us to work together to develop those soft skills and create a great experience at NF and beyond.
This is a fantastic job for students looking for something flexible. We’ll work with you to find a great schedule that will consistently work for everyone! We are near many schools such as Radnor High School, Villanova University, Cabrini University, etc.
- Greet customers, take orders, and serve food with a consistently positive and helpful attitude
- Answer questions about the menu accurately
- Responsibly prepare food items according to standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality
- Maintain clear communication with front and back-of-house staff to ensure timely service
- Practice safe food handling procedures
- Minimize waste whenever possible
- Ensure that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Complete all duties in a timely manner as assigned
Job Skills & Qualifications:
As previously mentioned, we would like all candidates to have a growth mindset in order to learn as much as they can about the hard and soft skills of the job. We will teach you everything you need to know no matter your experience or lack thereof. Many of the skills you learn can be applied to any job you have in the future, not just in the present.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- We may need you to work mornings, nights, weekends, and/or holidays, depending on your availability. We use an app to make it very easy to view schedules and communicate your availability on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time and work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous restaurant or cashier experience